Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Review of Bright Burning Stars by A.K. Small

 I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Best friends Marine Duval and Kate Sanders have trained at the Paris Opera Ballet School since childhood, where they’ve formed an inseparable bond forged by respective family tragedies and a fierce love for dance. When the body of a student is found in the dorms just before the start of their final year, Marine and Kate begin to ask themselves what they would do to win the ultimate prize: to be the one girl selected to join the Opera’s prestigious corps de ballet. Would they die? Cheat? Seduce the most talented boy in the school, dubbed the Demigod, hoping his magic would make them shine, too? Neither girl is sure.

But then Kate gets closer to the Demigod, even as Marine has begun to capture his heart. And as selection day draws near, the competition—for the prize, for the Demigod—becomes fiercer, and Marine and Kate realize they have everything to lose, including each other.


My Review:

3 Stars

Yes I am feeling well. Yes I know this isn't a suburban drama. I do read other material I swear. And no the rating does not reflect that it's not part of that particular genre. The rating is because it was a slower read than I was used to. It was an interesting story that I did feel I had to finish. I really hate not finishing a book. I would say to definitely give it a read. You may enjoy it more than I did. I did enjoy the overall story concept though. 

Marnie and Kate have been through everything together. Now they have to endure the trials and tribulations that go with being the best. Each with their strengths and weaknesses both girls train their hardest to earn the coveted prize. When one of their competitors ends up dead each has their focus broken. Clouding their judgement and putting a wedge between a bond that used to be indestructible. 

A story about friendship, deceit and stopping at nothing to get what you want...no matter the consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment