Something I Need
by Lena Lowe
(xoxo Nashville, #1)
Publication date: September 14th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Jonte Williamson has a dream: become Nashville’s next big star. Finding herself unexpectedly homeless hot off the plane wasn’t part of her grand plan.
Cash Bellini is a simple man: he loves his twin sister, Dolly, hates country music, and stays far away from anything more complicated than that.
When Jonte stumbles into Cash’s bar, helping out the homeless country music wannabe is the last thing on his agenda. Pity someone forgot to send the memo to his too-big heart and meddling twin. Throw in a pair of baby blue cowboy boots, a pool table and a splash of tequila, and these two are set to ignite in a hot sexy mess! Will either of their hearts survive the tug-o-war between what they want and what they need?
Lena lives in Melbourne, Australia with her husband and three daughters. She completed a MA in Writing in 2013 and has been working on a New Adult series based in Nashville. The first book in the series, Something I Need, was a 2014 RWA Contemporary Romance Stiletto finalist in the New Adult category.
In early 2015, Lena and her family spent 5 weeks road tripping across the US. It was an amazing once in a lifetime family holiday and research for her debut series all rolled into one!
Lena is an avid reader, especially in the New Adult genre. She is a mad Colleen Hoover, Samantha Young and KA Tucker fan, and is more than a little bit in love with Becca and Krista Richie’s Addicted series, Jay Crownover’s Marked Men series and Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive series.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Paradise City - Guns N’ Roses: I wanted some classic 90’s rock and this is one of my favs. It became the first song we ‘hear’ in Nashville and of course is not at all what Jonte expects to hear when she steps into her first Nashville bar.
* Ho Hey - The Lumineers: I love this song and I needed something kind of simple to play on the guitar that would work for Jonte’s auditions.
* The Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band: who remembers this song from Coyote Ugly when they’re dancing on the bar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqlD7fEbcc)? I sometimes describe Something I Need as being Coyote Ugly meets Walk The Line. I wanted a fun first song for Dean, Jonte and Seb to play together at open mic night.
* Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones: I needed some more ‘classics’ to be playing in the background of Cash’s bar.
* Wake Me Up - Gavin Mikhail: Gavin does a beautiful version of this song. I wanted something current that Jonte could play during her open mic night audition for Sierra to show her range as a singer and pianist.
* All Summer Long - Kid Rock: I love this song, it’s so much fun. It’s also a little bit country and about the closest thing to country Cash would have on his jukebox!
* Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks: It’s classic country! Have you seen Country Strong? Admittedly not the best movie ever made, but boy do I love the scene where Garrett Hedlund (my dream cast for Dean) and Leighton Meester (my dream cast for Jonte) sing at The Stage (which also features in Something I Need!). Unfortunately I couldn’t find a Youtube clip of it to share with you.
* Say Something - A Great Big World: I love this song and again wanted something not country that Jonte could put her spin on for auditions.
* Something I Need - One Republic: you’ll need to read the book for this one!
* Madness - Muse: I am a huge Muse fan and thought this summed up Cash’s struggle to let Jonte in perfectly.
* Trumpets - Jason Derulo: for some fun thrown in amongst all the country and rock.