Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Review of Never Die Alone by Lisa Jackson

Lisa Jackson is one of my other all-time favorite authors. I was lucky enough to receive a review copy from Netgalley of her most recent release, Never Die Alone.

Never Drop Your Guard

It should be the best day of their lives. Too bad they never get to see it. On the cusp of their twenty-first birthday, he strikes. His victims are always twins, their ritualistic murders planned in exquisite detail, down to the moment when they breathe their last together. . .

Never Close Your Eyes

An innocent man is in prison, and Brianna Hayward needs to convince the New Orleans police. Not just to free her cousin, but to save others who will suffer until the true culprit is found. Reporter Jason Bridges is intrigued. It's a story that could make his career--as long as Brianna never guesses the secret in Jason's past. . .

. . .Or You'll Never See Him Coming

Detective Rick Bentz had doubts about the "21" conviction when he worked the case in L.A. Now the real murderer may be loose in Bentz's backyard. Twin sisters from LSU have vanished, days before their birthday. And as Bentz and his partner, Reuben Montoya, desperately follow the trail, a killer prepares to unite his next victims in death forever. . .

My Review:
5 Stars

Lisa Jackson has never disappointed me. Every one of her books has grabbed me and taken me on quite the ride. I love that she has standalone books as well as series that follow characters. Never Die Alone absolutely blew me away. I must say that Ms. Jackson did a tremendous job on this particular book in the Bentz/Montoya series.
The one thing that does make me sad is the fact that you can see the characters aging. Bentz is thinking about retirement, while his oldest daughter knows it will drive him insane. Our favorite leather jacketed bad boy is now married and a proud new father as well.
This book took me on a wild ride, with not one, but two serial killers on the loose. Each killer is a part of Detective Bentz’s past. This entire book had me guessing until the end, wondering what would become of the killers, victims, and the detectives themselves.   

A definite 5 star read from Lisa Jackson. I cannot wait for the next chapter in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment