Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

My Review of Deserves to Die by Lisa Jackson

 
Judged As he watches, her body drifts below the water's surface, forever altered. Before he disposes of each victim, he takes a trophy. It's a sign of his power, and a warning--to the one destined to suffer most of all. . . Condemned In Grizzly Falls, Montana, Detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli are struggling with a new commander and a department in the midst of upheaval. It's the worst possible time for a homicide. A body has been found, missing a finger. Alvarez hopes this means a murderer with a personal grudge, not a madman. But then a second body turns up. . . Executed As the clues begin pointing toward a suspect, Pescoli's unease grows. Even with Alvarez barely holding it together and her own personal life in chaos, she senses there's more to this case than others believe. A killer has made his way to Grizzly Falls, ready to fulfill a vengeance years in the making. And Pescoli must find the target of his wrath--or die trying. . .

My Review:
5 Stars!!!

My aunt first introduced me to Lisa Jackson's novels in high school. I have been an avid reader of all her murder/mystery series ever since. I have been waiting for this book to come out for awhile.

There are quite a few twists and turns in the lastest Pescoli and Alvarez book. Pescoli having some news that she's not to sure will go over very well. Not to mention the entire department is still reeling from the shooting of their beloved Sheriff, Dan Grayson. I must say that I was extremely sad when he was shot in the last book. Like previously stated I have been reading this series for awhile, I have fallen in love with all of the characters and the quirks.

I was also really excited at the appearance of Dective Montoya...yes that's right from the Bentz and Montoya series! Although I was a little disappointed that one of my favorite New Orleans cops wasn't more involved. It was nice to see the two series cross though.

Overall a very gripping read and a fantastic continuation of the Pescoli and Alvarez series.

Link: http://amzn.com/B00IK4XF50

No comments:

Post a Comment