Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Review of The Story of You and Me by Pamela DuMond



My name's Sophie Priebe and I'm 19-years-old. 

I planned on college, keggers and cute guys. I didn't plan on MS.

But I have hope.

I left home and traveled thousand of miles to L.A. to find healing: from stem cell studies to alternative treatments like aura cleansing, shakti-fests, shamanic medicine and vision quests. My stakes are high -- life and death -- so I'll try anything. 

I'll risk it all -- except for love. I have no time for love. But life, the fates, or God has a funny way of messing with the best-laid plans...

My first night in L.A. I landed in the middle of a bar fight and was rescued by the most beautiful man I've ever met -- 

Alejandro. 

He took me to the ER, drove me back to my new apartment and even washed the beer out of my hair. But I wasn't about to let a 6'2" tall guy with gorgeous hazel eyes, shiny black hair and a rock solid chest deter me from my plans.

My second day in L.A.? I got lost in a dicy part of town and was threatened by gang-bangers. 

I was lucky -- I escaped. But for how long?

I quickly discovered that while L.A.'s glamorous and filled with gorgeous beaches, mansions and celebrities -- it's also infested with folks who would happily take advantage of me: a new girl who doesn't know the lay of the land.

So I hired Alejandro to drive me around town and take me to my appointments. He became my bodyguard, my protector. He took me to beaches, mountainous deserts and Chinatown. He invited me to celebrity parties, BBQs and included me with his friends. 

He made me laugh again. He made me want to live a really long life. And he made me fall in love with him.

I wish I had told him my secret. But it turns out - he hadn't yet told me his...
*
A Story of Hope.  A Story of Love.  A Story of Redemption.


My Review:
5 Stars

Sophie's story is an inspiration. The determination that she has to find hope for her grandmother, as well as herself is admirable. 

After being diagnosed with MS Sophie heads to LA. Only this trip isn't about her. Sophie's grandmother has been battling MS for 30 years, the last five from a wheelchair. Sophie is concerned that her grandmother is running out of time. With that thought she is off on a quest to find either a cure or a way to buy more time. 

The one thing she never planned on was Alejandro stepping into her life. A man that has been through his fair share of hardships. 

After an eventful first night in the city of angels, she hires Alejandro do do her driving. The city is more dangerous and unpredictable than she anticipated. The one thing she never counted on though is the feelings that start to develop towards her new friend. Feelings that she tries time and time again to shut down. 

The journey that Sophie takes on is one that will not only open her eyes, but her heart as well. 

A book that will bring tears to your eyes and warmth to your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment