Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013


Title: Descent (Hidden Wings, 0.5)
Author: Cameo Renae
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours

Book Description:
This novella takes it back…way back…to the beginning. A place where Emma’s lineage begins, and where answers lie in unraveling secrets of the past.

Excerpt:
Lucifer. His voice was like the softest of velvet and the sweetest of honey, filling the Heavens with the most glorious melodies. His music reverberated through every cell of your being; filling, lulling, and entrancing you with his song and worship.
Because of this, he was praised by all that surrounded him. But, it would also be that constant praise which allowed pride to seep into the tiniest crevices of his heart. Pride slowly turned to jealousy. Jealousy turned to hate, and it was that hate which began to alter and callous his once pure heart.
As time endured, Lucifer’s pride, his jealousy, his hate, and finally his deceit... led to THE FALL.



Author Bio:
My family is what keeps my heart beating, and my world a happy place to be.

I love reading great books that whisk me away from reality, even if for a little while. :) Writing is my passion. I love creating new worlds and new characters, and taking wondrous adventures with them.

In My Dreams & Hidden Wings were both recently published through Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Descent (A Hidden Wings novella) will be released May 15, 2013, and Broken Wings (Book 2 in the Hidden Wings Series) will be released June 1, 2013.

One day I will find my magic wardrobe, and ride away on my magical unicorn... ♥ Until then... I'll keep writing! ;)



Follow Cameo on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CameoRenaeFanPage
Blog: http://cameorenae.blogspot.com/
Website: http://cameorenae.com
Twitter: @CameoRenae

Excerpt from Hidden Wings:
Holy crap… what do I do? What do I do?
Then Dominic’s words rang through my head. Go big, or go
home.
I really, really wanted to go home, but I didn’t think knocking
my mud covered converse shoes together three times was magical
enough to send me there. But heck, this all seemed like some
twisted fairytale anyway, so I decided to try it. I closed my eyes
and quickly clicked my heels together. One…Two…Three…
I opened my eyes.
Crap!
Whatever. It was worth a try. But, I wasn’t Dorothy, and instead
of a witch and flying monkeys, I had a murderous Fallen Angel
and Darkling. I’d take flying monkeys over the Darkling any day!
I gathered myself, took in a deep breath, and trudged towards
the oncoming evil that lurked around the corner.


My Review:
5 Stars
When we first met Alaine in Hidden Wings not much was known about her past. She believed her beloved Samuel to be dead and the daughter she had to give away to protect has now reentered her life. Not much is known about her and Samuel though. Alaine is careful to keep her past close to her, that is until now. 

Descent is the story of Samuel, Alaine, and their fobidden love. A love so forbidden that the punishment for such love is death. You learn how their love came to be. The struggles that they have had to endure for that love and the reason that Emma had to be given up by the two people who loved her the most. The last thing Alaine wanted to do was let go of her precious baby girl, but sometimes their is no other choice when it comes to keeping the ones you love safe. 


Cameo weaves a very captivating story that draws you deeper into the Fallen side. Deeper into the evil that is murdering all that are not of pure blood and the love that developed in the middle of this war despite all odds. A great novella in the Hidden Wings series. 

1 comment: