Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

I Lost My Hero

Tuesday January 18, 2022 will forever be ingrained in my head. Early that morning I lost my first love, my hero...my Dad. 

My Dad was everything to me. Growing up he was the only parent that I connected with. The only parent to show compassion and love without limits. The only parent to be at every sporting event no matter how far away it was. 

When I was younger he would always have the .05 or .10 candy from Stewarts in his pocket picking me up from daycare. I was always excited to see if I was getting a Reese's cup or a Peppermint Patty, but even more excited that my dad was home from work. 

Throughout my school years he always pushed for participation in sports. I tried my best, but sadly was not the athlete that he was in school. While I played softball and basketball for awhile, I fell into cheerleading for most of my high school career. That never deterred my father though. It didn't matter that I was just cheering on our football team...he was still at every single game. That held true when I had my own child as well. Gramp was at every single game that he could make it to and I couldn't be more grateful for that. 


Now today January 23, 2022 I have to say goodbye to the man that taught me how to fish. That taught me to stand strong and be tough. The man that looked at himself in the mirror every morning and said "Fuck It". 

I don't know how to do this. How am I supposed to say goodbye to my Daddy? How am I supposed to get through the rest of my life without him there? How am I supposed to smile and carry on like nothing is wrong? 

My life will be forever altered. The fishing season will never again be the same and looking for deer will be more meaningful now than it ever was before. 

I love you so very much Daddy. I wasn't ready for you to be gone this soon and I don't think it will feel real for a very long time. Forever will I cherish the memories that we've made. You were the most amazing father a girl could ever hope for. Thank you for being mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment